Friday, August 13, 2010

Thing #21: Podcasts

The term podcast terrified me.  I would hear it at conferences and panic.  "I kkow nothing about this," I would think.  What a waste of worry over a simple thing.  After finding and listening several podcasts, I am thinking of a bunch of ways to use this in my library.  I would love to start doing book talk podcasts so the students can get recommendations for books anywhere, home, the classroom or in the library.  That is another thing to add to my goal list for the year. 
I used PoscastAlley to search for podcasts.  I found a great children's book review site called Childrens Book Radio.  I added it to my RSS feeds but then I noticed it isn't updated very often.

I tried to use the Yahoo Posdcast directory but found it it had been taken down in October, 2007.  I then tried the Educational Podcast Network.  I didn't think it had a very appealing interface.  I think students would turn off right away.  When I tried to use it, I found a bunch of the links couldn't be found.  Frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment