Friday, August 13, 2010

Thing #23: Copyright, Creative Commons, and Congratulations!

Whew!  What a great feeling of accomplishment I have!  I guess the third time really is a charm!  But first things first...
I enjoyed watching the copyright law clip.  Lots of good points are stressed in a creative way.
I looked at the resources listed for Creative Commons and understand that but am still sort of confused.  I read somewhere how you should always double check to see if something you want to use has a creative commons license but I don't understand how to do that.
I searched for other 23 Things programs and found several.  When I looked at the original by Helene Blowers, I saw a few differences in sequence but no major differences in content.  I did see the prizes though. Hmmm!  Oh well, I'm content with the knowledge I finally gained.
When I tried to complete the survey, I got the message Unable to Access Survey.  If you want to email it to me, I would complete it that way.
Closing Thoughts
1.  Favorite Discoveries - I think my favorite discovery was how easy wikis are to use and the multiple uses they have.  I really want to get some wikis embedded in my library website for my students to use.
2.  Lifelong Learning Goals - Through this program, learned about lots of things that I had heard of but been afraid of before.  I always avoided topics like wikis and podcasts at conferences because I had no idea how to use them.  That is over.  I am anxious to start using them with my students and teachers.  I guess this should me not to fear the unknown.
3.  Surprises or Unexpected Outcomes - I guess my biggest surprise is that I finally finished this course. 
4.  I really enjoyed the format of the program.  I guess I would like to see more communication between participants but I'm guilty of that, too. I still need to go back and make comments.
5.  After seeing how much I learned through this program, I would definitely participate in another one like it.
6.  One word - That's a hard one!  It seems that every time I learned something new, I thought to myself that I couldn't wait to share it.  So I guess that has to be my thought.  "Ready to Share"

Thanks for a great learning experience.  I wish I would have completed it the first time I registered so I could have started sharing last year!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You are finished. I can see you learned a lot from the workshop.

    ReplyDelete