Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thing #7: Cool Google Tools

I learned a lot exploring all the cool google tools.  I can see where many of these would be helpful in educational setting.  I set up a Google calendar and added just a few events (after all, it is summer).  I was surprised when I checked my email and saw the reminders.  I can see where students could use the calendar feature as a planner and assignment reminder.  Our school uses Gaggle e-mail and the reminders could be sent to that email address.
I also looked at the alert feature.  I like to keep up on events in my hometown when I am not there and by setting up an alert on it, I can see when newsworthy events happen.  I can see where this tool could be used for a reseach project or current event study by students.
I couldn't believe how many tools were listed in the "even more" section.  I REALLY liked the checkout tool being the internet shopper that I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment