Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thing #9: Useful Library Blogs and Newsfeeds

As I browsed through the blog seraching tools listed, I was slightly overwhemed at the vastness of information available on any given topic.  I can see where these searching tools would be VERY useful when looking for certain information.  However, Iam afraid if I added very many to my RSS Reader list, I would get very little else done and spend most of my time reading feeds.  But, that being said, I did find several of the searching tool useful.

1. Google Blog Search:  I thought this was easy to use.  I searched Caldecott award and came up with many interesting sites.

2.  Blogline's search tool:  the message came up.  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /search on this server.

3.  Edublogs award winning sites:  I loved this tool.  I came up with a particularly intersting site to me on free techonlogy tools for teachers.  Lots of good information to share with my staff.  I liked this site also because the less helpful sites have been weeded out, saving me lots of time.

4. Topix.net:  This was interesting but I found other search tools more helpful.

5.  Syndicate8.com:  I found this site extremely confusing to use.

6.  Technorati:  Although fairly easy to use, this search tool wasn't my favorite. 

7.  Blog Pulse:  I tried searching with this tool and had some success.  However, I don't think I personally, will have much need to track conservations.

After exploring all the serach tools listed, I found my favorites to Google Blog Search and Edublogs award wining sites.  I know those two tools will be added to my toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment